Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween 2011 = Fail





Where is the baby in the monkey costume? Well, he had a major meltdown the second we put it on him and couldn't even keep it on long enough to get a single picture :( It's been a rough couple weeks - he is cutting several teeth and had ear infection and cold and just wasn't his happy go lucky self. For about a week he was up every few hours at night like a newborn - brutal! E is obsessed with bananas ("nanas") - it's one of the only things he'll eat - so we were pretty excited for his monkey costume and fake bananas - bummer. Might try and slip it on when he's in a good mood this week and snap a few make-up photos. We were surprised that only 30-40 kiddos come through. We were hoping to meet more of the neighbors but the few that did swing by were great.


While Halloween has always been my least favorite Holiday (don't like dressing up, anything scary, or chocolate) I had fun prepping for trick-or-treaters this year. With settling in after moving and a fussy baby I didn't get started till 9pm on the 30th but better late than never. Thankful Wal-mart is open 24/7 but going 3 times in 24 hours confirmed my disdain for that store!


Not liking Chocolate as a kid, Halloween candy didn't have much appeal as most people give out candy bars. This was our first time picking out candy to handout so I couldn't resist buying only candy that I would actually eat the leftovers of. I've been popping blow pops all week - forgot how much I liked them ;)



I'm not a big Holiday decorator but wanted a few festive touches and love candles so was happy with my impromptu hurricanes for the porch. E wasn't in the mood for carving pumpkins and not going to lie - Brian and I were fine with getting out of it one more year ;) Thanks to inspiration from Pinterest I was able to knock out the thumbtack monogram in 10 minutes with Bella's assistance!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment