Monday, September 13, 2010

Walking Lake of the Isles




I had my post partum checkup late last week and my doctor gave me the green light to resume all physical activities. Would really like to get back into shape so am glad I can start excersizing again. Not sure how but I did manage to loose the 25 lbs of baby weight by Week 2 and another 10 lbs since without trying so hopefully I can continue the trend.

One of the best things about living in Minneapolis is the chain of city lakes (Nakomis, Harriet, Calhoun, Isles, & Cedar) we have in our "backyard." Each one has it's own vibe and feel. We've enjoyed many a walk/bide ride/roller blade at them over the years and Miss Bella sure enjoys strutting around them as she gets lots of attention and is quite the hit. While Calhoun is the place to be seen and has the young hip crowd, Lake of the Isles as become our favorite as the paths are extra wide and it's less crowded which makes walking Bella so much easier. Plus the houses are gorgeous to look at.

After getting through two feeding cycles I decided it was about time for Mr. Ethan to see our favorite lake. It had been a chilly morning so I bundled E up but by the time we got out there the sun was hot so I ended up stripping him down to his onsie. Bella did fairly decent adjusting to walking next to the stroller. We did the 2.86 mile loop at a pretty good pace and the fresh air felt fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment