Wednesday, March 10, 2010

22 Week Ultrasound

It was so fun to see little man this afternoon! Today was my follow up appointment to get the heart and profile pictures they couldn't get back in February when baby was sleeping. I ate something right before my appointment this time and had a few sips of real Diet Coke *yummy* and sure enough baby cooperated today. He was waving his arms and legs and kept opening and closing his mouth like he was swallowing. Not that we doubted the last ultrasound but it was confirmed again today that it's a boy!

Baby has flipped and his head is now down on my right size with his body going diagonal across me and his feet up by my leftside ribs. His heartrate was 136 and the tech could see the 4 heart chambers and valves opening and closing. When he fell asleep he had his arms wrapped behind his little head like he was lounging, which is exactly how Brian sleeps. He's taking after his daddy already!

The ultrasound got scheduled with only a few days notice and unfortunetly Brian had an important work meeting he couldn't miss. My mom came with me which was really fun - pretty cool for her to see her first grandbaby!

Here are the pictures I was able to take home:







The last one gave us a good laugh. I asked the tech to get a "boy" picture for Brian - thought he would get a kick out of it. When baby finally spread his legs and she got a good view, he promptly moved his little hand down there and wouldn't move it. Boys will be boys...

2 comments:

  1. Love the boy/hand picture! That only gets better! Especially when you are changing dirty diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's a good lookin' 'lil 'fella!

    ReplyDelete