Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baby Item Research

I've spent the last couple weekends curled up on the couch reading baby books and researching online and am finally feeling a little less clueless about baby items. So much more to learn, but I figure that's what the first year is all about!

A big thanks to my friend Jessica for recommending the book "Baby Bargains" and to my cousin's wife Camilla for sending me her copy. It was full of helpful information and answered a lot of basic questions that I had been wondering about. The safety tips and ways to save $ were great. The best part was all of the product recommendations based on real mom reviews.


Being the organized dork I am I made a pretty color coded spreadsheet for the top recommendations and cross checked them with Consumer Reports and found the items online at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby. Narrowed the list down to my favorites and then headed out to baby stores to check them out in person. It's been quite the productive weekend! Feeling really good about the big essentials we've picked out and am excited to start registering!

No comments:

Post a Comment