Thursday, March 18, 2010

More Randomness

***KKG Wine Tasting***

Baby and I hosted the annual Kappa Kappa Gamma Twin Cities Alumni Association Wine Tasting event at Grant Park on March 11th. We had a good showing and raised $500 for Reading is Fundamental (RIF). Baby and I had a teeny tiny sip of each kind during the tasting - confirmed that I still love my reds and I think baby was a fan of the bubbles in the prosseco. Looking forward to that first big ole glass of wine this fall. Glad the event went well but after being on my feet all evening they were killing me - got my first foot massage from Brian which was heavenly! Time to lay off the heels. My friend Batch (Amy Batchelder) brought me a fun treat for hosting - this onsie cracks me up! I think it'll be the perfect outfit for baby to wear if he joins me at dinner club with the ladies this fall. Thanks Amy!


***Wedding Workshop***
Last Spring I took baby steps into the wedding industry by starting Bella Day Weddings for wedding day coordination and management. It was a lot of fun getting a website up and got great experience by coordinating 2 weddings last summer. So far it's been a fun little hobby, and I would love to transition it into a part time job after baby arrives. Who knows, maybe someday it can be my career! Since we found out about baby in November I haven't done much with it - between traveling a ton for work and the pregnancy excitement it's had to take a backseat. Ironically I've received several requests from brides to coordinate their June/July/August weddings which definitely isn't an option, but was encouraging. Anyway, Amy Rubins of Fete Perfection is a premier wedding planner in the Twin Cities, and when I found out she was hosting a day long "Weducation" workshop for those interested in a career in the industry I jumped at the opportunity to learn from an expert and signed up. It was last Saturday from 7am-7pm and was packed full of helpful information and guest appearances from top MN wedding vendors. Amy posted some pictures on her blog but preggo meggee avoided the camera so you won't see me in any :) It made me even more excited for the future of Bella Day Weddings but also painted a realistic picture of the field - it's definitely not the glamorous job Hollywood makes it seem like. Have lots of work to do to make the company legit, (Branding, Trademark, Hiring an Attorney to draft Contracts, file to be a LLC, etc)none of which is cheap. So first I need to get the hang of being a mommy and adjust to going back to work, but when the time is right and the investment is feasible I'm excited to move forward!


***St. Paddy's Day***
I wore my one and only green maternity shirt yesterday in an attempt to be festive, and gave going out my best effort. My sister met me downtown after work and we headed over to O'Donnavans Pub for happy hour with a bunch of the girls. I talked the door lady into not having to pay cover because I was pregnant - nice! I lasted about 2 hours and had 3 rounds of ice water before my feet started hurting and I called it a night. Don't have any Irish blood in me but it's still fun to pretend for a day!


***Congratulations Ellen***
My friend Ellen had her beautiful baby girl (Morgan Marie Chestnut) on Tuesday! So excited for her - she'll be a fabulous mommy. Maybe Morgan will be in the KKG pledge class of 2028?!?! We've sure come a long way from college - from sorority girls to motherhood - time sure flies! I was looking back at pictures and found a fun one from La Fuente - cheers to the Chesnut family!

No comments:

Post a Comment