Thursday, March 4, 2010

21 Week Doctor Appointment

Just got back from my monthly appointment and was excited to get a good report! She said I'm measuring 22 cm for fundal height which is right on track. My favorite part is getting to listen to the heartbeat which came in strong at 145. She said she could feel the baby moving, so I think we'll be doing a lot of belly poking in the next week to see if we can feel him. Most likely I just don't know what it's suppose to feel like yet and am not recognizing it. Everything looked normal from the last ultrasound, but since baby was sleeping most of the time and didn't feel like shifting positions they didn't get the profile and heart pictures they needed so I get to go back in next Wednesday for another ultrasound - yay!!! She isn't concerned at this point that baby is breech - plenty of time for him to flip around. At my next appointment in early April they'll be doing the glucose screening for gestational diabetes. She also gave me the # for Labor and Delivery at Methodist Hospital in case anything comes up after hours - made me realize it really is less than 4 months away now - craziness!

Well my baby's daddy was in court this afternoon so he was unable to join me at the appointment. He was able to expertly negotiate his way out of his 2nd traffic ticket in 6 months so his record will remain clean as a whistle - baby and I are so proud! As Aunt Amy pointed out, let's hope he can transfer his smooth talking skills to our son:) My sister Katie came with me and it was super fun for her to get to hear the heartbeat.

We've had a couple condo showings in the last week, have one scheduled for Sunday, and will hopefully get one or two more over the weekend. Bella is not a fan of having her toys and bed constantly put away but is loving her field trips to grandma & grandpa's while the Realtors do the walkthroughs. The poor girl has no idea her life is about to change - can't wait for her to meet baby for the first time - will definitely need to capture this moment on video!

No comments:

Post a Comment