Monday, May 24, 2010

Chicago Baby Shower

What a weekend! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family - they truly showered me with love and pampering on Saturday. We kicked off the afternoon with mani/pedis which was so relaxing - great idea Amanda! Then we headed over to the Merricks for the shower hosted by my fabulous aunts - Melody & Darlene.


They thought of every last detail - it was just perfect!







I was just blown away by everyone's generosity and am extremely grateful to have received so many essentials from our registries. Good thing we had 2 SUVs to bring everything back to Minneapolis! The Pack N Play from my parents and sister was a highlight - this will most likely be baby's crib in our room so it was such a relief to know he'll have a cozy safe place to sleep.


Can't wait to try out all of these items with baby, and it'll be so fun to dress him in the adorable outfits he got! We're all set to cheer on the Cyclones this fall thanks to a super cute ISU set from my cousin Jonathon. My mom knows my taste so well - the Ralph Lauren outfit is my favorite! My grandpa surprised us with a gift he picked out all on his own - I think Brian will be beaming with pride when little man wears his baseball jersey that says "Daddy's Little Allstar" on it. My grandmother had to be smiling down from above as he ventured into the baby clothing section for the first time ever - love you gpa!




Brian spent the afternoon golfing with my uncles and cousins and he arrived just in time to check out all of the cool things baby received. Several friends recommended a backpack style diaper bag in a manly color if I wanted any chance of Brian hauling it around for me. Looking forward to him "wearing" this and the Baby Bjorn - nothing cuter that a daddy carrying around his little one :)


A huge thank you to Melody & Darlene for hosting this for us and to the Davis and Mares crew for your love & support. I heart my Chicago fam!

1 comment:

  1. we have that jumparoo - and Solon LOVES LOVES LOVES it :-) We have gotten about 5 months of use out of it already and he still enjoys it! You are a better wife than me - my diaper bag is SO girly :-)
    Excited to see pictures of Baby Woods soon!
    ERIN

    ReplyDelete