Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rings

I never take my engagement ring and wedding band off - it's probably been at least two years since I've gotten them cleaned. Over the last couple weeks my hands and feet have gotten pretty puffy thanks to pregnancy edema. My ring finger was starting to go numb and tingly and it finally occurred to me that maybe I should take the rings off - shouldn't be too hard right? Oh my gosh they were hopelessly stuck - after 10 minutes pulling and panic the swelling had doubled and my knuckles were purple so I gave up for the night fearing they would have to be cut off:( Took a couple days for the swelling to go down a bit so I researched online - apparently its a common issue with pregnant ladies so luckily there was no shortage of tips. I tried a bunch with no luck (ice bath, butter, lube, saran wrap - fun stuff) and finally figured I'd give the most ridiculous looking method a try- dental floss! And low and behold after 5 very painful minutes and a very blue finger my beautiful engagement ring came off!



I'm trying out wearing them on my pinky finger but I'm worried they'll slip off so will probably find a silver chain to put them on and wear as a necklace. Not that Brian needs to worry about dudes hitting on me at 7 months pregnant and puffy, but I do want strangers to see I'm a married lady and that baby has a daddy ;) Keepin it classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment