Thursday, April 29, 2010

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer

Since this parenting thing is a brand new concept for us, I figure a little research is in order. I'm finding no shortage of opinions on how to approach the first year. It seems to be quite the touchy subject, especially since there isn't one "right" way to do it. So I stocked up on some best sellers (thanks mom!) to see what the experts have to say, and then we'll figure out what seems to be the best fit for us and give it a try. I have to imagine each day will be a learning experience, but I can't wait to get started!


First up was "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg. Just finished it - a pretty easy read and seemed straight forward and I like the idea of consistency. She calls her approach EASY - Eat, Activity, Sleep, and You Time. It seems like a happy medium on the spectrum of On Demand vs Schedule philosophy. Flexible but structured - sounds like something we can handle.

On deck: The Happiest Baby On the Block

No comments:

Post a Comment