Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baby Class #2

We survived our 8 hours of "Preparation for Childbirth" class yesterday at Amma Maternity. It was a rainy day which was perfect for spending a Saturday in class. Our instructor Cari was a sweetheart and kept things moving along and interesting. It was a good blend of her talking, videos, and participation and prepped us well for July. We covered the ins and outs of labor. What happens at each stage, birthing positions, relaxation, massage and breathing techniques, medication options, complications, c-sections, post-partum care etc. Then we got to practice for a while. Brian's comments kept me laughing and I giggled my way through the breathing exercises - so strange to be on the floor with 15 other pregnant couples he he he hooing it. Brian did great and will be an excellent "birth partner" - I think the massage practice was my favorite part :)

While I know it will be the most painful thing I've ever experience, I'm not so much worried about the pain - more so just really want everything to go smoothly and baby to be born healthy. Plus we're planning on going the epidural route so hopefully it works its magic for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment