Friday, June 4, 2010

What's Up Doc? (34 weeks)

Baby and I had a good morning of appointments! My 34 week checkup was easy breezy:

-Normal Blood Pressure
-Measuring 34cm
-Head Down
-Heartbeat is 130
-No Early Labor Signs

I've started to get the occasional Braxton Hicks contractions but they haven't been painful and go away if I shift positions so it's a-ok. At my 36 week appt she'll do a bedside ultrasound and a few tests - haven't seen little man since 22 weeks so really looking forward to it!


Meet our new pediatrician - Doctor Mary Bloomberg. The prenatal consultation with her went wonderfully - I loved her! She had a very calming presence and was extremely friendly. She scored major brownie points by starting out talking about how important it is that her new moms feel comfortable asking questions and that there is no such thing as a silly question. She said since babies don't come with instruction manuals it's normal to be overwhelmed and she is here to help and that one of her favorite parts of her job is watching new parents gain confidence over time. Got the lowdown on how scheduling and well baby appointments work and the 24/7 nurse line etc. Walked away comfortable and relieved to have found someone I liked so well by chance. Embarrassing to admit, but I picked her from the list on the website because she looked friendly and motherly in her picture ;) Baby will get to meet her 1 week after he is born for his first checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment