Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Girls Just Want to have Fun!

Such a fabulous weekend! My best friend Amy lives in DC and flew in Friday morning. We had a relaxing day running errands, shopping, hanging out with my mom and sister, and hours of chatting. We had a good old fashion slumber party in Burnsville - oh the memories!




Saturday was my MN baby shower hosted by Amy, Katie, and Deb - it was absolutely perfect! I was in heaven because they had so much "Kyle Food" on hand - it was paradise :) 19 very special ladies came from near and far to help celebrate Baby Woods and it meant the world to me. It was the coolest feeling to be surrounded by a room full of ladies from all different places in my life. Had a lovely Kappa crew, the DCrew ladies represented, and my MN girls came over in full force! I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world and am so blessed to have made so many wonderful friendships over the years.





I have to give a special shoutout to my friend Natalie for surprising me with a beautiful baby shower cake. She owns Sweets by Natalie Kay and is so talented. MN peeps if you every need a cake for a special occasion keep Natalie in mind. She even made me plain vanilla cupcakes - my favorite!




Baby Woods sure is one spoiled little guy - all his "aunties" were so generous and hooked him up with so many awesome gifts. Thanks so much everyone!






I have a feeling the swing will be a favorite of mom and dad's, and baby will love the ExerSaucer. So excited to open the infant carseat and stroller from my parents - it was hard to hold back tears as this was a much needed essential. My godmother kept the tradition alive with a super fun red wagon - have a feeling this will provide wonderful memories for years to come. Restoration Hardware Baby & Child boxes make me smile - love it! I'm going to feel like such a fashionable mommy carrying around a Kate Spade Diaper Bag - wohoo!

A big thank you shoutout to my hostesses! It was fun to pick out their thank you gifts - Tiffany's makes beautiful barware gift sets that wouldn't be complete without their favorite beverage to go inside...



The fun didn't stop when the shower was over. We headed downtown for "Mama's Last Night Out" which was a blast. Think bachelorette party but G rated :) We had a delicious dinner at the trendy D'Amico Kitchen in the Chambers Hotel. They even had non alcoholic champagne on the drink list! We topped off the evening by enjoying a round of drinks on Brit's rooftop patio. The girls kept the party going in baby's honor and a very tired mama headed back to the Hyatt around midnight with a couple ladies to watch chick flicks and kick of slumber party #2. High School Musical might just be my favorite new movie ;) Baby and I sure were entertained as the girls trickled in from the bar. Sadly I didn't have a camera with me so there is no documentation of the evening, but it might just go down as the funnest baby shower ever.

1 comment:

  1. Hey little mamma! Thanks for the Sweets shout-out! I had a wonderful time and was so happy to share the afternoon with you!

    ReplyDelete