Thursday, August 12, 2010

8.12.10



Next to cuddle time one of my favorite new mommy pass times is watching Ethan sleep. He is such an active snoozer and just cracks me up. He makes all sorts of faces and kicks his legs up and down and raises his arm like he has a question. He makes all sorts of noises and wakes himself up with his flailing around. We swaddle him at night which helps all of us sleep better, but I let him freestyle it during his afternoon naps because it's so darn cute.

Brian made a yummy dinner tonight for us - Cesar salad, steak, & potatoes - pretty much my favorite meal ever. We actually ate at the table tonight like grownups which was nice. Even cracked open a delicious bottle of red wine - I'm savoring my 1 glass so it lasts all night.

On a scary note the Minneapolis Police Department issued a crime alert for our neighborhood. Apparently there has been at least 2 assaults + rapes in the last week only 3 blocks away from our building. The intersection they happened at (14th & Portland/Chicago) is not one I'd ever venture over to on my own as it's slightly ghetto fabulous, but still way too close for comfort. Hopefully they catch the bastard soon so Ethan and I can start exploring downtown together.

No comments:

Post a Comment