Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mama's First Night Out

My good friend Annie from Iowa State/Kappa is getting married October 2nd and her bachelorette party was last weekend in Des Moines. Annie has always been the life of the party so I had no doubt the evening would be a blast. The night started out with a naughty or nice lingerie party and then moved to an dance studio for pole dancing lessons.


I cheered the girls on from the sidelines as I'm still a little tender to be wrapping myself around a pole at this point, but was thoroughly entertained by observing. The instructor looked like Storm from the old American Gladiator TV show - she was a treat! A party bus picked us up from the studio and we hit up several bars to continue the celebration. Brian came and picked me up around midnight and Ethan got to meet a bunch of the Kappas before they headed to their next stop. Brian took the night shift feedings so I could sleep off my beverages and pump and dump.


So glad we made the trip down to Des Moines for this special event. I really needed a night out with friends and a break from mommy duties - it was a awesome birthday gift from Brian. The Kappa girls were such a big part of my college memories and I hadn't seen Ellen, Erin, Cassie & Jaime is over 2 years. Really miss these ladies - so excited to see everyone at the wedding this fall. I had so much fun looking back at some oldies but goodies:










Congratulations Miss Annie - you'll be a stunning bride and I can't wait to celebrate with you and B on October 2nd!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment