Monday, August 23, 2010

Exhausted After A Busy Weekend



What a weekend! Ethan and I were on the go all day Friday and had a blast catching up with friends Friday evening. Saturday we made the drive down to Des Moines so that I could help my friend Annie celebrate at her bachelorette party (separate post) We waited till last minute to make the call on heading down not knowing if I'd be up for it 28 days after giving birth, but we were feeling especially brave and I'm so glad we made the trip. Ethan got to meet his uncle and great grandparents and got lots of love from the Woods Clan and Brian got to spend some quality time with his fam. Busy busy busy - the boys conked out as soon as we got home.

Traveling with an infant is a whole new ball game. Packing takes on a new meaning - we filled every inch of the Acura for our 24 hour trip. Ethan did beautifully in the car - such a champ. I got pretty good at crawling from the front seat to the back to feed him in his carseat and pump. A couple quick pitstops at rest areas to change his diaper in the back seat and we made great time each way.

Brian is up for the daddy of the year award already. It was really hard for me to be away from Ethan Saturday night but he was in great hands and Brian texted me pics all night which helped a ton. He was so good about staying on track with the feeding schedule and got lots of cuddle time in. He handled his first night shift duties like a pro and I sure loved being able to stay in bed for once! Ethan and I are so lucky to have such a rockstar daddy and husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment