Saturday, August 7, 2010

Meeting Great Grandpa Mares



My Grandpa is in town this weekend for his annual visit from Chicago - so great to see him and glad he got to meet Ethan! Grandpa and Bella are best buds so she was not exactly thrilled to share him with her brother, but he still gave her lots of treats and lap time so she'll survive.




We got a very special package in the mail this week from my Aunt Pam. We lost my grandmother when I was a Senior in High School - she was my angel and such a special lady. She was very creative and crafty and was an amazing seamstress. Whenver she found out a friend, relative, or even a waitress at her favorite restaurant was expecting she would sew them a set of burp bibs. After she passed away my aunt found the pattern she used and some extra fabric and tucked in between was a blue bib that my grandma had made with love. My aunt is keeping the tradition alive and sewed Ethan another bib with the extra fabric and mailed both to us with a very touching note. We'll treasure these forever - thanks so much Aunt Pam! My grandpa used the bib when he was holding Ethan - one of those moments I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! What an a great story about your grandma, such a great gift for your aunt to pass on to you guys, very special!

    ReplyDelete