Tuesday, August 10, 2010







There has been 3 crazy rounds of thunderstorms today so have had a very terrified and cuddly puppy on my hands. They didn't phase Ethan a bit - he kept right on sleeping. The power went out for 2 hours this morning which was a perfect excuse to get back in bed - had a baby sleeping on my chest and a puppy under my arm.

After our third appointment with the lactation consultant this afternoon we made the decision to go to exclusively pumping. She has been wonderful to work with and very supportive and I trust her professional opinion. Ethan takes a bottle like a champ and my supply is almost double what he needs right now so have started to freeze the extra. When the day comes that I've had it with pumping we should have enough stored to continue with the good stuff for a couple more months. Relieved to have a plan going forward and that he is getting the nutrition he needs. Will always have bottles on hand which will be convenient and should make us more mobile. To make pumping 8 times a day more bearable I'm going to pick up several sets of spare parts so that I don't have to wash everything each time.

Apparently Ethan has specific taste when it comes to Pacifiers. MAM is his absolute favorite and he keeps them in really well. Advent brand seems to work fairly decent but he is not a fan of NUK or Playtex and he has started to spit out Soothies as well. Picky guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment