Friday, July 30, 2010

1 Week Old

We can not believe a week has gone by already - craziness! Couldn't be more in love with our little man and while it's been a week of learning and crying (me) and little sleep we feel so blessed to have this little miracle in our lives. Ethan decided to make all sorts of funny faces and poses for his 1 week milestone pics so I didn't get a "good" shot but these made me laugh:



We had an appointment this morning with a lactation consultant who was wonderful - well worth the trip. Ethan is up to 7.56lbs and is pooping and peeing like crazy. Pretty excited that yesterday was our last day of supplementing with formula. She categorized Ethan as disorganized eater (sounds better than lazy eater huh) and said that this is fairly common in overdue males and his under bite doesn't help. She is having me use a shield and a different position which seems to help and we have a written action plan to follow over the weekend - gotta love that Ethan has homework already.








We tried tummy time this afternoon which was adorable to watch but he wasn't a fan. He is so strong and can push himself up a little bit and lift his neck. The boppy made it a little more tolerable.









Brian ran an errand tonight so Ethan and Bella stole his favorite spot on the couch to lounge - they don't look like they'll give it back to him anytime soon.


I'm trying to sneak in more cuddle time with my little man - this is my favorite part of the day!



A fun milestone for me today as well. I had gained 25 lbs total during the pregnancy and stepped on the scale for the heck of it today and was really surprised to see that I have already lost 23. Hoping to start getting out on walks with Ethan aand Bella in the next couple weeks as soon as I'm recovered enough not to limp!

1 comment:

  1. you look so pretty in the last picture!

    xoxo from Buffalo

    Kate

    ReplyDelete