Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pregnant Lady Be Walkin

Morning!

We slept ok last night. I was thinking the meds would make me pass out but just kinda snoozed and had to get up several times for the restroom which meant Brian had to get up and unplug me from the monitors - what a trooper! I got to eat breakfast and even take a quick rinse off shower which felt fabulous. Ready for another day!

I'm having fairly regular but mild contractions with no real pain yet. Baby seems to have dropped more over night, but unfortunately no change to my cervix. Stubborn little thing. The next thing the doctor wants to try is Cytotec which is a tablet they put up there every 4 hours, but my contractions have been too frequent so they're having me chill for a little while. Looks like a day of hanging out waiting for the drugs to do their thing. If this doesn't work Pitocin is next but it's not as effective if I'm not dilated so hopefully this Cytotec will do the trick.

Since my IV poll has to go everywhere with me I decided she needed a name so I went with Sapphire. We just got back from a 30 minute walk which entailed doing 10 laps around the maternity ward. Got to see some really cute newborns so that was fun!


Its looking like we might be on the 3 day track but I guess you never know!

3 comments:

  1. Kyle you are such a trooper (and updating your blog from the maternity ward-impressive)! Hang in there today-we're keeping the woods clan in our thoughts and prayers! xoxo ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Kyle!! Good luck & can't wait to hear all about him. :) - Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great - you are such a champ! Go girl :-) We are praying for you and the lil guy! -Erin Port :-)

    ReplyDelete