Friday, July 23, 2010

My Water Broke!

I fell asleep around 11 last night and was resting comfortable only to wake suddenly just after midnight feeling like I was leaking slightly. Yelped for Brian thinking I was peeing in my pants and then realized it could actually be my water breaking. The second the nurse walked in and turned on the lights it went from a slow trickle to a geyser like gush. OMG thank goodness this happened at the hospital and not at work. By the time I got unhooked from the machines to run to the bathroom I had soaked the bed and had puddles were forming on the floor - eek! The nurse said it was quite an impressive amount. They essentially put me in a diaper like contraption as my body will continue to make and leak amniotic fluid till the baby is out. The cervidil completely washed out, so they decided to have me go back to bed and get me up at 7am to check progress. I was so excited my body actually did something it was suppose to on it's own that it was hard to settle down, but did manage to get some sleep. Woke up at 3am to another gush and got all tangled up in my cords and was like a bull in a china shop trying to get to the bathroom.

They let me eat breakfast and shower again this morning - bless their hearts! Feel like a human again. Baby's head has dropped low but still have quite a bit of dilation work to do. They started the petocin at 9am and I have 9 hours worth of drip to get things going. They'll give me fentanyl for pain once the contrtactions get more intense and then when things kick into full gear I have an epidural coming my way.

We're really excited that this is actually going to happen in the next 24 hours! My guess is in the middle of the night. Come on out Baby Woods - your mommy and daddy can't wait to meet you! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! Hang in there - I am checking hourly on your progress - you are a trooper and a champ! You are doing great :-) Can't wait to hear - YEAH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! So exciting! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it sad that I'm so excited for you and so bored at work that I keep checking like once an hour to see if anything new is happening? Tell baby Woods I need some excitement to keep me going at work.... only good excitement though like him actually coming out. Love you & hang in there, your little one will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have outdone yourself kyle-blog updating AFTER your water broke BEFORE greeting baby woods! So excited to hear the news-lots of love!

    ReplyDelete