Friday, July 16, 2010

Doctor Appt (40 weeks + 2 days)

The doctor appointment went fine this afternoon and was happy that baby got a good report. I had my first Non Stress Test which was fun. They strapped several monitors on my belly and hooked me up to a machine for 20 minutes. They monitored baby's heart and I had to push a button every time I felt him move. It was cool how his heart rate sped up when he was moving around and dropped back down to baseline when he was just chillen. I had two decent contractions while hooked up which was exciting since now I know what to be on the lookout for. They said my cervix has "thinned out nicely" (lovely) but I am only a fingertip dilated. My blood pressure was up a tinge but they didn't seem worried, measuring a tad over 40cm, and on a positive note I've lost a pound since last week. Not sure how, but I'll take it!

We have 3 hours worth of appointments on Tuesday which include an ultrasound, amniotic fluid check, another NST, and then the doctor checkup. As long as baby gets good reports they are going to let him continue to cook till July 28th.

On the random/boring update side, our beautiful glider was delivered this week. Love the way it looks and the color is perfect, but unfortunately they sent the wrong model. We had ordered the one that glides and reclines at the same time plus the gliding ottoman. They sent us the glider that has a footrest that kicks up and reclines which is comfy but defeats the purpose of the $400 ottoman we bought and it doesn't glide when reclined. So it'll be 12 weeks until we get the correct one and 8 weeks till the ottoman arrives, but we do get to keep the one they delivered until then so we'll make due.



The other fun arrival of the week was my iPhone4. Still learning how to use it but really like it and it'll be even better once Apple gets the bugs figured out. Took the chair pics with the camera on it and they turned out pretty decent.


Sorry peeps - nothing very exciting to update you on - just waiting. Have a free weekend now that we hadn't planned on so it should be relaxing.

A big happy birthday shout out to my mom!
Love, Kyle, Brian, Bella, & Baby

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Kyle, you look awesome despite how you must be feeling! I was a July baby and came three weeks late, my mom still occasionally mentions how she loved being so very pregnant during one of the hottest month of the year =). Take care of yourself and best of luck, can't wait to see pictures of the little guy, but only when he's ready!

    ReplyDelete