Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Woods Family Goes to the Gym...

Well we found ourselves with an entire Saturday with nothing planned thinking we'd have a baby by now. Felt amazing to sleep in and Brian made baby and I my favorite breakfast - french toast and strawberries! I wanted to get a walk in to try and get things moving but it was hot and stormy outside so for the first time in 9 months I decided to use our gym downstairs. I haven't worn closed toes shoes in 3 months so the first challenge was squeezing my puffy feat into my gym shoes and bending over to tie them. Managed to get a 30 minutes walk on the treadmill which actually felt pretty good.


I've read that being in the water feels great for preggos and the doctor highly recommended it yesterday, but the thought of putting a swim suit on has been enough to make me say no thanks. Brian finally talked me into lounging in the pool with him after the gym - at 40 weeks + 3 days why the hell not? Boy have I been missing out - it felt amazing. Went from feeling like a beached whale to a graceful mermaid after getting in the water - gotta love feeling weightless!



So I'm pretty sure that the oldwives tales about getting labor going are complete BS.

-Walking/Stairs: check
-Spicey Food: check
-Sexy Time: check
-Labor: not so much

And the wait continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment