Thursday, July 1, 2010

Push Gift!

So I haven't totally earned it yet, but last week my sweet husband surprised me with my "push gift" a few weeks early and I love it! Was pretty excited that Brian's friend Nate clued him into the concept of push gift early on in the pregnancy. We don't normally give gifts to eachother for holidays/birthdays/anniversaries - instead we've taken fabulous vacations at least once a year. So this is extra special and he did such a great job!

Background:
We've had our laptop computer for several years. It's a solid computer and always works great for Brian, but for some reason it and I did not have a good relationship. More than likely user error, but we fought frequently ;) Pre pregnancy and blogging we used it a lot, but these last 9 months it's constantly in use and in demand.

So awhile back Brian asked for push gift ideas and I gave him some lovely ideas from Tiffanys and Coach that I didn't really need, and than randomly mentioned having my own computer would be fabulous.

I came home from work the other day to find Brian waiting for me at the door with a big smile. He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the desk - I could tell he had something up his sleeve as he was grinning like a little kid. Sitting on the desk was a shiny new Sony laptop - love it! It's a cool deep sparkly gold color and has the chicklet keyboard. I'm not sure who was more excited between the two of us ;) He knows me so well and guessed correctly that I'd want a couple weeks to get used to my super fun new toy and have it to bring to the hospital to share pictures and blog updates on rather than waiting till after baby arrived.




But what I loved even more than the computer was the incredibly heartfelt letter that popped open when I turned the computer on. He had me in tears two sentences in and gave me butterflies and goosebumps - such an amazing feeling! Who knew I just needed to get knocked up to get a romantic letter ;)


We've always called Bella our Bella Bear and now refer to Baby as Baby Bear so we are ridiculously excited to start our new little family as Mama Bear and Papa Bear. And even though I already have my push gift "reward" I promise I'll still push like a rockstar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment