Friday, July 2, 2010

38 Week Doctor Appointment

Well today's appointment wasn't quite the smooth sailings we've had thus far, but hopefully everything will turn out just fine. On the positive side baby's heartrate was strong at 130 and he's been pretty active this past week. Moved up slightly to 60% effaced but still at a big fat zero on the dilation scale - boo!

My blood pressure was elevated so they took a urine sample which came back with a trace of protein. Not ideal, but not high enough for a concrete Preeclampsia diagnosis either. The doctor casually mentioned she would hold off on prescribing bedrest until additional tests came back. BEDREST??? Everything has been going so smoothly so this felt like it was completely out of the blue. Hopefully it won't come to this but if it's best for baby than of course we'll oblige. For now my orders are to take it easy, drink lots of water, no heavy lifting or long walks or extended time on my feet. They sent me down to the lab for blood work and another urine sample and the doctor will call if the results warrant a change of plans.

Assumimg the results come back negative, my next appointment is Friday the 9th which will be my last with Dr. Berven before she heads out on vacation for 2 weeks. Have appointments set up with a nurse practitioner for the 16th & 21st if I go past my due date, and just in case they set up an induction appointment for the 27th since Dr. Berven will be on call on the 28th. Really hoping I don't go 2 weeks past my due date - eek!

So the theme of July will be hurry up and wait. Not my speciality but luckily Brian is as cool as a cucumber and can hopefully keep me under control :)

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyle! I'm so sorry to hear that your blood pressure was elevated. The same thing happened to me and they put me on "limited activity." I didn't return to my classroom after Christmas break and restrictions like you mentioned in your post. They endedup up inducing me at 38 weeks because my BP got high and Emry was just fine. I just want you to know that you're not alone and everything should be fine! If you have any questions feel free to Facebook me and I'd be happy to share my experience with you. We wish you all the best! Motherhood is like nothing you've ever experienced!

    ReplyDelete